Back Room Wines, seeks full-time sales associate in Downtown Napa.
Back Room Wines is looking for energetic, professional and highly motivated individuals to join our retail wine specialist team. This is a full-time, position, working out our Downtown Napa retail store. No cold calling. No telecommuting. Great opportunity to learn and grow through extensive hands-on education (seminars, tastings and meetings with some of the world’s top wine estates).
Strong candidates will have an understanding of the fine wine market (wines/regions/varietals/prices) and ability to provide a high level of detailed service to a demanding customer base. This includes a well-rounded knowledge of fine wines, customer relationship building, technology and sales writing. The most successful person in this role will be very organized, able to multitask, self-motivated and a strong written communicator.
Working alongside of a team of professionals, the candidate must be well-versed and come with a diverse background that includes
- 1+ years of recent wine industry related experience (wine retail/wholesale, restaurant or other) is required. Retail or sales experience a plus.
- Assist with buying and vendor management of wines and spirits.
- Strong knowledge of fine wine market (especially Bordeaux, Burgundy, Napa, Tuscany, Rhone), and even some individual wine label familiarity – top wines per region and current market pricing.
- WSET, CSW, CMS preferred but not required.
- Ability to write tasting notes, speak in depth to specific wine products/regions/varietals.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Capable writer and ability to type 35-40 words per minute.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in MS Office and an ability quickly learn new technology/software.
- Must be 21 years old to apply.
- Must be able and willing to lift up to 50 pounds.
Hourly wage starting at $20, plus commissions, tips, accrued PTO and sick time, trade discounts, and a generous wine discount.
Email your resume and a cover letter which explains why you are the perfect person for the job to email@example.com