Grape Study: Syrah
Thursday, February 13 from 5:00-8:00 PM
Please join us we travel from California to Australia and France in search of the best Syrah. Suffice it to say there's a wide variety of expressions, from deep pepper and earthy to gamey, meaty bacon-y styles.
Syrah is not a delicate variety - little wonder it was historically used to bolster Bordeaux in a poor vintage. The romantic legend that Syrah originiated in the Persian city of Shiraz and then migrated throughout the Mediterranean
has been de-bunked by its DNA. Syrah/Shiraz is a native of the Rhone valley, the noble child of two obscure varieties, Dureza and Mondeause Blanche
- Yves Cuilleron Syrah Collines Rhodaniennes 2018 $20.00
- Domaine des Lises Crozes-Hermitage 2017 $35.00
- Wirra Wirra "Catapult" Shiraz McLaren Vale 2016 $20.00
- Baker Lane Syrah Sonoma Coast 2015 $28.00
- Sky Vineyards Mt. Veeder Syrah 2014 $30.00
- Hunter Glenn Shifflett Ranch Napa Valley 2016 $40
- This is a drop in tasting. Come anytime from 5 to 8!
- Reservation not necessary.
- Wines poured on sale for 10% discount during the event.