Wine Study: GSM
Thursday , January 16 from 5:00-8:00 PM
GSM is an acronym for Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre, famous grapes in the Rhone valley of France. Most Cotes-du-Rhone reds are GSM blends; the few single-variety wines from the Southern Rhone prove the exception to the mainly blended wines of the region. These grapes frequently shine on their own, but they gain complexity in a blend - there is strength in numbers!
This style of wine has travelled far and wide and great GSM wines are found from South Africa, to Australia and California. Join us tonight as we present six GSMs from France and California - you can decide which country does it better
- Domaine Des Romarins Cotes du Rhone 2017 $15.00
- La Bastide Saint Vincent Gigondas 2016 $30.00
- Clos des Brusquieres Chateauneuf du Pape 2016 $50.00
- Halcon Vineyards "Esquisto" Yorkville Highlands Mendocino County 2016 $30.00
- Benevolent Neglect GSM Blend 2017 (North Coast) $40.00
- Vermillion Red Wine California 2016 $36.00
- This is a drop in tasting. Come anytime from 5 to 8!
- Reservation not necessary.
- Wines poured on sale for 10% discount during the event.