Thursday, April 18 from 5:00-8:00 PM
Spanish Black Grapes
Spain has provided the world with an abundance of great varieties that have traveled the world and successfully taken root far from their home, including California's first import, the frequently maligned Listan Negro or 'Mission' grape. We are going to cover a lot of ground, from the Sierra Catabria of Rioja down to Jumilla in the southeast and out to sea to the world's third largest volcano on the island of Tenerife. We will see the mighty Tempranillo on its own from Ribeira del Duero and in a classic blend from Rioja, and hopefully introduce you to some new discoveries and old favorites.
- Vinatigo Tinto Listan Negro Tenerife 2017 $27
- Antoine Graillot & Raul Perez Encinas Mencia Bierzo 2016 $30
- Mas Que Vinos "Garnacha de la Madre" 2014 $40
- Lopez de Heredia Cubillo Rioja 2009 $29
- Vizcarra "Sendo del Oro" Ribera del Duero 2014 $25
- Casa Castillo "Las Gravas" Jumilla 2015 $30
- This is a drop in tasting. Come anytime from 5 to 8!
- Reservation not necessary.
- Wines poured on sale for 10% discount during the event.