Thursday, January 10 from 5:00-8:00 PM
Pinot Noir has a long and revered history. A native of Burgundy, it may have been the first - but certainly not the last - to be described as the wine of kings. Charlemagne, for example, was a big proponent and Napoleon (though only an emperor) had French troops bow in honor of Clos Vougeot . There may be a thousand different clones of Pinot, from "massale"/ field blends, to "heritage" (in California that means Swan, Martini, Mt. Eden and a few others), to Dijon 115, 667, 777, "828", etc. Please join us for the following examples of my favorite grape:
- Burn Cottage "Cashburn" Central Otago Pinot Noir 2016 $33
- Domaine Pelle Menetou-Salon 2015 $30
- Shane Soizante et Onze Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 2016 $46
- Anne Amie Winemaker's Selection Pinot Noir 2016 $25
- Gerard Seguin "La Place" Fixin 2015 $40
- This is a drop in tasting. Come anytime from 5 to 8!
- Reservation not necessary.
- Wines poured on sale for 10% discount during the event.