Thursday, January 18th from 5:00-8:00 PM
Great Grape Study: Zinfandel
This week, our focus turns to Zinfandel. This native of Croatia changed names (to Primitivo) when it crossed the Adriatic into Italy and then changed its name again (to Zinfandel) around 1820 when it crossed the Atlantic. It achieved good results on the east coast and then travelled fairly quickly across the country and was certainly here in California in time for the gold rush. Many of our venerable old Zin vines were actually saved by the “White Zin” craze back In the 80’s and the astounding fact is that they continue to produce great fruit at 120 years of age.
Here's this week's lineup:
- Dane Cellars Zinfandel "Los Chamizal Vineyard" Sonoma Valley 2013 $32
- Joseph Swan Mancini Ranch Old Vine Zinfandel 2012 $30
- Leaf & Vine Zinfandel "Quartz Block" Amador 2013 $25
- Green & Red Zinfandel "Chiles Canyon Vineyards" Napa Valley 2014 $24
- Maitre De Chai Stampede Vineyard Zinfandel Lodi 2015 $38
- $20 per tasting
- This is drop in tasting. Come anytime from 5 to 8pm!
- Reservation not necessary.
- Wines poured on sale for 10% discount during the event.